Thursday, August 30, 2018

Dingle and Inch





Dingle and Inch sounds like some new Disease, but it fact it is two lovely places outside the Ring of Kerry hugging the Atlantic Coast.  You can take the plethora of tour buses to this area if driving on the left, down terrifying narrow roads unnerves you or you can do like me and risk life and limb to do it myself. 

First stop was Inch beach. It is a lovely long beach that is soft on the feet but firm enough for cars to drive on it.  I think I am most definitely wrong, but Chariot's of Fire could have been filmed here.  I can envision the timeless scene as the men of British Olympic team waded through the surf like Greek Gods as they trained for the Summer Olympics.  Though on the chilly side, it was so peaceful and serene you barely noticed the briskness.   It was one of my favorite beaches I have been to in the British Isles. It was unspoiled and surrounded by marvelous hills that sprsng from the water.

We had a lovely walk along the beach and breathed in the salty sea air.  Not much does better for the soul than this.

Just down the coastline is the town of Dingle.  It is a well known tourist town but not too touristy if you know what I a mean.  They had a Michelin starred restaurant I wanted to eat at, but found it was bloody closed for lunch, even though they were purportedly open.  Very disappointing.  So we did what we always do when we have no clue where to eat; ask a local.





No comments:

Post a Comment